Fewer drivers are on the road, which means fewer accidents. With this in mind, Safeco is announcing the Personal Auto Customer Relief Refund, which will return approximately $250 million to the Liberty Mutual personal lines and Safeco auto customers. Here’s how it works:
- Personal auto insurance customers will receive a 15% refund of two months of their annual auto premium as of April 7, 2020, pending regulatory approval.
- The refunds will begin in April and will be issued either by check or in the manner the customer made their most recent payment.
- The payments will happen automatically. Customers do not need to call Safeco to receive the refund.
Delivery coverage expansion for auto policies
- All Safeco personal auto policies have been expanded to cover customers who use their personal vehicles to deliver food and medicine. Standard Safeco personal auto policies typically exclude such coverage.
- This additional protection is in effect for all personal auto policies in all states for losses occurring from March 16 to May 22, 2020, and reported by July 1, 2020.
The well-being and support of our clients, agents and employees remains our primary concern during this critical time. Thank you for your continued support.